Contact Us

Lets connect with us

get in touch with TPSODL
  • Customer Touch Points
  • Grievance Escalation Matrix
  • Share Your Feedback with us
customer In case of any query, please dial the TPSODL Toll Free Number 1912 / 1800-3456-797 Chat with us at 77770 02375 To report bribery-related cases for electricity connection, please contact the WhatsApp number 97779 77620 or register your complaint on

Grievance Redressal Forums

According to Sec 42(5) of the Electricity Act, 2003, Distribution Licensees are to establish Forum for Redressal of Grievances of the consumers in accordance with the guideline as specified by the State Commission.

Filing a Complaint at GRF

A complainant aggrieved by any action or lack of action by the engineer under the OERC Distribution (Condition of Supply) Code, 2004, may file a complaint in writing before the Forum for the redressal of his grievances after expiring of 15 days from the time limit fixed by the licensees in their Complaint Handling Procedure. The said complaint shall be in writing and the Forum may not insist any format for such filing. Few examples of the nature of the complaint are illustrated below:

  • New Connection
  • Disconnection/Reconnection of Supply
  • Voltage fluctuation
  • Contract demand/Connected load
  • Billing disputes (except penal bill u/s 126 of the Electricity Act, 2003)
  • Interruptions
  • Metering (except dispute regarding accuracy of the matter)
  • Classification/Re-classification of consumer
  • Shifting of service connection/Diversion of lines and shifting of equipment
  • Transfer of consumer ownership
  • Agreement/Termination of agreement
  • Security deposit
  • Installation of equipment and apparatus of the consumer
  • System of supply including guaranteed standards of performance.

The Forum shall entertain those complaints, which are under its territorial and statutory jurisdiction. The Forum shall not generally entertain any complaint, which under the Electricity Act, 2003, is required to be disposed-off by the other authorities like Appellate Authority, Adjucating Officer, Electrical Inspector, the Commission, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, Special Court, Arbitrator etc. However, the Forum may send back the complaint to the appropriate authority with suitable remarks, if any.

A person, aggrieved by Assessment order passed under Sec. 126 of the Electricity Act, 2003 for unauthorized use of electricity, should not file his complaint before the Forum. Rather, he should appeal to Appellate Authority under Sec. 129 of the Act.

The Forum may not insist on any format for filing of complaints and may seek necessary information as detailed below from the complainant for quick disposal of the complaint, if not provided.

  • The name and detailed address of the complainant.
  • The local office, designation and detailed address of the officer, against whose action/inaction, the complaint is being filed.
  • The facts of the complaint (may enclose copy of the latest representation to the concerned officer of the Licensee; action taken or inaction).
  • Relief sought for.
  • Any interim relief sought for, pending final decision.

The Forum shall decide the complaint expeditiously and shall communicate its decision to the Complainant within a period not exceeding 45 days of the receipt of the Complaint by the Forum. The Forum shall give the reasons in support of its decisions.

The Commission shall have the general power of superintendence and control over the Forum and the Forum shall duly comply with such directions as the Commission may issue from time to time.

  • Addresses and Telephone Nos. of Grievances Redressal Forums and Offices of Ombudsman The President Grievances Redressal Forum,
    Berhampur, (TPSODL)
    Near De Paul School, Engineering School Road,
    Berhampur - 760010
    0680-2296176 (For Ganjam, Kandhamala and Boudh Districts)
  • The President Grievances Redressal Forum,
    Jeypore, (TPSODL)
    At Power House Colony,
    Jeypore - 764001
    06854-241609 If the complainant is aggrieved with the order of the GRF, then the complainant can go for an appeal before the Ombudsman.
  • The Ombudsman Ombudsman-II, Qrs. No. 3R-2(S), GRIDCO Colony,
    P.O. Bhoinagar,
    Bhubaneshwar - 751022,
    Dist. - Khordha, Odisha.
    0674-2543825 Fax: 0674-2546264 If the order of the GRF is not implemented in time by the opposite party, then the complainant is at liberty to file a case under section 142 of the Act within 30 days from the date of order of the Grievances Redressal Forum before the OERC for execution of said order.
Share Your Feedback with us

Maximum Characters : 500 ( 500 remaining )
(Please key in the above code as it appears in the box.)